Sorry this is so late getting out, I was out watching District 9 as this was announced. Anyway, the first bit of news is that Blizzard revealed a new character for Diablo III. In addition to Barbarian, Witch Doctor and Wizard, we now have the Monk, who will primarily be a melee fighter, but can use some weapons. More importantly, he will have a little magic up his sleeve! It also looks like we are returning to the desert. Check out the screens below…
Blizzard also officially announced the latest World of Warcraft expansion, Cataclysm. Here are the official bullet points:
- Two New Playable Races: Adventure as the cursed worgen with the Alliance or the resourceful goblins with the Horde.
- Increased Level Cap: Advance to level 85 and earn new abilities, tap into new talents, and progress through the path system, a new way for players to customize characters.
- Classic Zones Remade: Quest to level 60 as you never have before. Familiar zones across the original continents of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms have been reforged by the cataclysm and updated with new quests and content.
- Flying Mounts in Azeroth: Explore Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms from a whole new perspective.
- Guild Advancement: Progress as a guild to earn guild levels and guild achievements.
- New High-Level Content: Explore newly opened parts of the world, including Uldum, Grim Batol, and the great sunken city of Vashj’ir beneath the sea, and enjoy even more high-level raid content than in previous expansions.
- New PvP Zone & Rated Battlegrounds: Take on PvP objectives and daily quests on Tol Barad Island, a new Wintergrasp-like zone, and wage war in all-new rated Battlegrounds.
- Archaeology: Master a new secondary profession to unearth valuable artifacts and earn unique rewards.
- New Race and Class Combinations: Explore Azeroth as a gnome priest, blood elf warrior, or one of the other never-before-available race and class combinations.
So, here’s the question of the day: Is this going to bring any former players back to active status? Are you a former player? If so, will this bring you back to Azeroth? Machinma posted the official debut trailer, so check it out below…